Welcome to the Oregon Region of Pony Club. We are happy you have taken the time to visit our site!
The biggest misconception of Pony Club is that it is only for riders with ponies. US Pony Club was founded in England where all horses ridden by youth are called “ponies” regardless of their size. In truth, Pony Club is for anyone interested in attaining the very best equine education in the world, being surrounded by like minded riders and horse lovers and participating in events and competitions that allow the rider to demonstrate their outstanding skills. The educational foundation of Pony Club helps to develop outstanding future horsemen and women.
Membership in Pony Club can begin at any time. Members range from 6-25 in age. Those interested in joining after 25 years of age are also welcome and join in our horsemasters category. All the same education and opportunities!
The Oregon Region of Pony Club is comprised of many local Pony Clubs located in Oregon and Southwest Washington. All clubs are run according to the by-laws of the national organization yet have their own club policies. Club selection is generally based on geographic location.
We can help you find a great club. To get started review the clubs list below to find the nearest club, then email us directly for more information; firstname.lastname@example.org
Oregon Region Club Listing:
- Clackamas River Pony Club: Estacada/Gresham/Canby
- Columbia Winds Pony Club: Portland/St. Helens/Hillsboro
- Fox Hills Pony Club: Ridgefield, WA/SW Washington
- High Lakes Pony Club: Central Oregon/Bend/Redmond
- Highland Riders Pony Club: Beavercreek/Estacada/Gresham
- Jumps and Jodhpurs: Eugene/Corvallis
- Mount Hood Pony Club: Hood River/Columbia Gorge
- Oregon Trail Pony Club: Lake Oswego/West Linn/Wilsonville
- Patton Valley Pony Club: Forest Grove/Hillsboro
- Rose City Pony Club: Beaverton/Sherwood/Newberg
- Willamette Valley Pony Club: Salem
- Willowbrook Pony Club: Eastern Clark County, WA
MISSIONThe United States Pony Clubs, Inc. develops character, leadership, confidence and a sense of community in youth through a program that teaches the care of horses and ponies, riding and mounted sports.
PLEDGEAs a member of the United States Pony Clubs, I stand for the best in sportsmanship as well as in horsemanship. I shall compete for the enjoyment of the game well played and take winning or losing in stride, remembering that without good manners and good temper, sport loses its cause for being. I shall endeavor to maintain the best tradition of the ancient and noble skill of horsemanship, always treating my horse with consideration due a partner.
CORE VALUES – “HORSE”
- Horsemanship with respect to healthcare, nutrition, stable management, handling; and riding a mount safely, correctly and with confidence.
- Organized teamwork including cooperation, communication, and responsibility; leadership, mentoring, teaching and fostering a supportive yet competitive environment.
- Respect for the horse and self through horsemanship; for land through land conservation; and for others through service and teamwork.
- Service by providing an opportunity for members, parents, and others to support the Pony Club program locally, regionally and nationally through volunteerism.
- Education at an individual pace to achieve personal goals and expand knowledge through teaching others.
MISSION STATEMENTThe USPC program is available to and accessible by a wide and diverse range of youth through multiple means of delivery:
- Multiple forms of membership.
- Fully enabled by technology.
- Marketed to multiple target audiences.
- Recognized and recognizable nationwide.
- Trained and capable volunteers.
Tax Deductible Donation to the Region:
- The Oregon Region USPC is a member of the United States Pony Clubs, Inc. (USPC). USPC, an educational organization for youth, provides a program which teaches riding, mounted sports, and the care of horses and ponies, thereby developing responsibility, sportsmanship, moral judgment, leadership and self-confidence. The purpose of this Yahoo! powered mailing is to connect DC's and officers of the Oregon Region for the purpose of sharing club and regional news and events, discussing ideas for the region, and building one another up through encouragement. A message sent to OregonRegionDigest@yahoogroups.com will also send automatically to every person who has subscribed to this mailing list. Sign in to view the Yahoo Oregon Region Digest
Click here for our Regional Agenda: http://oregon.ponyclub.org/club-activities/ Below is our Regional Google calendar please contact OregonRegionBoard@gmail.com to have your equine event added.