Pony Club embraces the all encompassing scope of equine education – including stable management, equine feed education, first aide, emergency preparedness for animals, grooming, equine turnout, lunging, and more, all with a focus on safety. There are several levels of membership, from horse-less to adult! The educational foundation of your Pony Club program helps to develop future horsemen and women – not just kids who ride well.
What many riders don’t know is that eligibility for club membership in this organization lasts until age 25; and beyond 25, is Horsemasters!Your Oregon Region of the United States Pony Club is comprised of 14 recognized Pony Clubs from Oregon and Southwest Washington with approximately 180 members. All clubs are run according to the by-laws of the national organization yet have their own club policies. We can help you find a great club which welcomes new members. To get started visit our clubs page to find the nearest club to you and use our new contact form at the right for new member inquiries: Contact: Regional Supervisor, Dawnn Rebholz - email@example.com
MISSIONThe United States Pony Clubs, Inc. develops character, leadership, confidence and a sense of community in youth through a program that teaches the care of horses and ponies, riding and mounted sports.
As a member of the United States Pony Clubs, I stand for the best in sportsmanship as well as in horsemanship. I shall compete for the enjoyment of the game well played and take winning or losing in stride, remembering that without good manners and good temper, sport loses its cause for being. I shall endeavor to maintain the best tradition of the ancient and noble skill of horsemanship, always treating my horse with consideration due a partner.
CORE VALUES – “HORSE”
- Horsemanship with respect to healthcare, nutrition, stable management, handling; and riding a mount safely, correctly and with confidence.
- Organized teamwork including cooperation, communication, and responsibility; leadership, mentoring, teaching and fostering a supportive yet competitive environment.
- Respect for the horse and self through horsemanship; for land through land conservation; and for others through service and teamwork.
- Service by providing an opportunity for members, parents, and others to support the Pony Club program locally, regionally and nationally through volunteerism.
- Education at an individual pace to achieve personal goals and expand knowledge through teaching others.
VISION STATEMENTThe USPC program is available to and accessible by a wide and diverse range of youth through multiple means of delivery:
- Multiple forms of membership.
- Fully enabled by technology.
- Marketed to multiple target audiences.
- Recognized and recognizable nationwide.
- Trained and capable volunteers.
Tax Deductible Donation to the Region:
- The Oregon Region USPC is a member of the United States Pony Clubs, Inc. (USPC). USPC, an educational organization for youth, provides a program which teaches riding, mounted sports, and the care of horses and ponies, thereby developing responsibility, sportsmanship, moral judgment, leadership and self-confidence. The purpose of this Yahoo! powered mailing is to connect DC's and officers of the Oregon Region for the purpose of sharing club and regional news and events, discussing ideas for the region, and building one another up through encouragement. A message sent to OregonRegionDigest@yahoogroups.com will also send automatically to every person who has subscribed to this mailing list. Sign in to view the Yahoo Oregon Region Digest